Wire and comb binding (newbie help)

Discussion in 'Book Binding' started by Joy, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Joy

Joy Member

Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this.

I was wondering if someone could advise me on wire binding a bit.

I have a Fellowes electric comb binding machine, and a basic comb+wire binding manual unit.

Anyway, I purchased some GBC WireBind coils, and they don't fit right. Are all GBC brand combs and wire coils not going to fit?

I also bought some of the cheap plastic combs and both machines fit with those. With the rectangular holes punched by the machines.

I rarely see wire coils besides the GBC. Also, will I hate using the manual machine to do the wire coils? Since I've never done those, I'm wondering if they'll be hard to keep looking good, or will the metal tend to close unevenly, making the wire look squished instead of a nice rounded binding.

I don't mean the spiral coils, I mean the wire types that you crimp closed.

2. winlxb

winlxb Previous User

We have many wire coils machinery manufactory in dongguan city, China.
    i can find the right machinery for you.
    pls visit my website: www.kylinmachinery.com

3. garry

garry Member

Wire Binding Machines & Systems

Wire Binding Machines and Systems
    Create professional bound presentations right at your desk with our double loop wire binding machines! Double loop wire binding systems are great for calendars, recipe books, journals, notebooks and more. Individuals can create their own items to give as gifts or to use in their own offices. A wire bind system allows companies to save thousands of dollars in binding costs every year by binding in-house. Don't pay a print shop to bind your books, presentations and marketing material. Order a wire binder machine and save money with Lloyd's of Indiana, Inc.

Visit lloydsofindiana.com or Call us at 877-626-6848 8am - 5pm M-F (EDT)

Lifetime Tech Support
    • We provide free tech support for any product that we sell. Just call 877-626-6848.

Satisfaction Guarantee

• Every product we sell is backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you aren't happy with a product you've purchased from Lloyds, let us know and we will make it right.

Secure and Easy Ordering

• You can place your order online, or call us. Online orders are always encrypted using SSL and we never retain your credit card number on file after the order.