why is it ok with water base but not oil? help

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by stickycreationz, Mar 2, 2014.

1. stickycreationz

stickycreationz Senior Member

My press prints fine with ink I have been using but but today I tried to print on process paper with process ink and I cannot get my plate to clean up getting some on the blanket also but it is OK with water base inks. I don't have to much ink on the rollers. I have used a universal fountain solution and a mark lv. I is there special solution I am to use with process ink? I have the mixture right how about adding alcohol? I am at a loss now:confused:

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, there is no water based inks for any kind of press... are talking about Oil based VS Rubber based?
    The press should eat any ink given that everything is OK with it, If you were using rubber based inks, the do, most likely, exist in process colors as well. It is highly likely that adding 10% alcohol is advised unless running Kompac dampeners but just adding some of alcohol won't fix the problem if you have one. Ink up the press, bleed the dampening solution, let the plates dry, drop the rollers on to plates and check the strips, make sure they're within specs.

3. stickycreationz

Got thank you very much big help for my start

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Think this: you have either not enough moisture delivered by dampening system or have ink pressed too much / too hard on to the plate.
    Find the reason, most likely you'd be able to get this fixed.
    I run Acrylic ink, I was advised to run it on the Ryobi 3200 PFA and liked it ever since.

5. stickycreationz

Ya this was my reasoning also. I have not checked my ink line for specs I dont even know how to adjust it but it is not that hard I am sure and can get it done. I will have to try this acrylic ink. No kompacs here they are crestlines