Who are the best hardcover coffee table book printers in the US?

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by BillO, Mar 8, 2011.

1. BillO

BillO Member

Who are the biggest and the best hardcover coffee table photo book printers in the USA?

Looking for a press who can do smythe sewn hardcover books, dust jackets, quality printing and binding in the 1500 to 5000 quantity range for an independent publisher offering good value and great quality and located in the United States.

Any recommendations?

2. printgal

printgal Member

Falcon Press in Nashville, TN is very good.

3. BillO

BillO Member

Thanks printgal.

4. warsonprint

warsonprint Member

1500 to 5000 quantity
    ----Actually, you can find oversea supplier for this qty. maybe you can consider us to work.

5. leorainbow

leorainbow Member

try candidusprint.com , cost-effective and good service.

6. BillO

BillO Member

Thanks leorainbow - but are candidusprint.com really printing in the US? Their website seems to indicate they're printing in china or there is some kind of front involved :(

7. leorainbow

leorainbow Member

Candidus based in China, can do good quality

8. BillO

BillO Member

Thanks for being honest at least leorainbow. At first I thought you were trying to pretend to be printing in the USA but actually brokering or pawning it off to somewhere cheaper behind my back - that's dishonest :mad: Print brokers like that are no good for the industry.

Anyway, nothing against overseas, but as the title says, I was looking for book printers in the USA for this project.

9. leorainbow

leorainbow Member

sorry, i am not in the USA, and that is my company, not brockering. I just realized that you want to print in the USA, it is OK, sorry for the disturbing, good luck :)

10. BillO

BillO Member

Thank you for your honesty and sorry if I was gruff. I felt like you and warson were spamming me. I know I could have printing done anywhere on the globe including china, but I was looking for USA book printers as the title suggests. I have seen some really nice books that have been printed in china, so I don't have anything against chinese printers in general :) Just seeking the best USA book presses with this topic for some upcoming projects that I want to print in the USA.

11. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Book Masters has good solid capability and can be fairly competitive on price
    http://www.bookmasters.com/
    Book Masters is located in Ashland Ohio