Which printer suits for my business ?

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by Duston, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Duston

Duston Member

Hey guys

This is Duston from Bangalore, India
    I want to set up a digital press so can anybody suggest me a reliable printer ?

My requirement is to print on specialty media papers, 65-300 gsm boards, transparency stickers, paper stickers.

Size 12x18 or 13x19, resolution 1200X1200dpi,
    So suggest me a low production cost printer, Here many people are using xerox, canon, konica minolta printers.

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

What monthly print volume do you currently have and what volume do you have as a realistic goal in the next 12 and 36 months?

You've named the big global names - do you have any opportunity to dialogue with other printers in your immediate area? I'm not sure if it works the same there, but here with digital machines it still comes down to service and parts and those are definitely affected by the quality of your local service technicians which is still more of a local issue. I'd take the 2nd best printer with the best local service and supply chain over the best printer with the 2nd best local service (unless you need a specific quality that only one machine offers.)

3. longlivemedia

longlivemedia Member

I would check with printers in your local area as well. You want to go with a printer that you will be able to easily service and easily obtain parts for. Otherwise you’ll find yourself with a high-quality paper weight if anything happens to it and you can’t get it fixed. Best of luck to you!