Which Digital Machine to choose?

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by Thayanithi Kokulan, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Thayanithi Kokulan

Thayanithi Kokulan Member

Currently we are in offset printing and we are planning to go start up digital printing but we currently face an issue with choosing the right machine. In my market I have HP Indigo, Konica Minolta, Xerox and Cannon. In Konica Minolta has difficulty in printing on conqueror stock and also it doesn't has any specialized software for calibration of printed sheet. Normally we get 4 color works and we don't get 5 or 6 or 7 color work so I thing going for HP Indigo is not that much worth.

I have seen the demo of cannon and it can do any work no issue. I just need an idea of Xerox.

So can anyone advice me on which machine to choose.

Also i need to know the cost effective run, because Heidelberg says digital is cost effective upto 250 prints, I think this varies machine to machine.

Also i need to know whether we can purchase used machines for digital.

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

You have to look at print samples to make your decision IMO. Indigo can produce a natural look with ink and paper you can't get with toner... has a higher learning and maintenance curve too.

Digital can be cost effective at 1,000 or 1,500.

For used machines, make sure you calculate the cost if the quality drops below what you need... you might need two used machines or one new one, both can have advantages. Check into the local service policies.