which buy ?best reviews for speedmaster52 or GTO52

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by codigograficomx, Oct 7, 2013.

1. codigograficomx

codigograficomx New Member

Hello, I will buy a heidelberg offset, I'm in the area of ​​digital printing and I have no idea which machine to buy.
    speedmaster52 or GTO52

I want to be competitive and quality and response time, as well as good prices.

I found out that the gto is no longer manufactured with only some in stock, it would be good to buy a gto? (or the speedmaster is better technology and efficiency in the long term)

write their best reviews and experiences
    regards

2. tbeusch

tbeusch New Member

Although Heidelberg wont make the information public the GTO is still is manufactured in their China plant, but NOT sold in the western hemisphere. There are plenty of GTOs available for sale and which you should purchase, GTO or SM52, would be more a question answered by your market. The basic way to look at the two machines is manual vs. automated as that is what they are. Manual loading of plates, cleaning cylinders, setting ink, adjusting registration = GTO. The SM52 automates all of that and gives you twice the max speed of a GTO - 8,sph vs 15,000 sph. Most SM52-4 color presses (with the exception of the SM52-4 SE) have color consoles. Almost none of the GTO52-4 color presses do. All this boils down to price. The SM52 is more expensive. Quality output? That's in the eye of the beholder, but to me the GTO can print every bit as well as an SM52. So what should you buy? If you have the money the SM52; you'll get more jobs out the door at the end of the day. That is if you have the jobs to start with. If you don't the GTO is your machine.

3. codigograficomx

codigograficomx New Member

thanks tbeush