Where to buy Kromekote at the best price?

Discussion in 'Color Laser papers and stocks' started by Marcelo, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Marcelo

Marcelo New Member

What is the best source for C1s and C2s kromekote , 8pt, 10pt, 12pt, and 14pt in 12x18 and 13x19 sheet sizes?

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

3. Xirc

Xirc Member

You can get lower prices by ordering direct from smart papers now

4. Marcelo

Marcelo New Member

Where can I get 13x19 kromekote?

5. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

I don't think kromekote is available in a 13x19 sheet packaged.

You have to buy a 20 x 26 sheet and then cut in half and cut an inch off - http://www.thepapermillstore.com/product.php?productid=31801&sort_order=color
    (if you don't have a guillotine that will cut 20" you can pay them to cut it for around $20)

If you have a local trade supplier and can cut out shipping you can likely get it cheaper, but if you don't, the papermill store price which includes shipping (over $200) is a good option and they're really nice to deal with.

6. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

There is a laser kromekote now available packaged natively in a 19 x 13 size it seems. A couple places stock it including www.bradnersmith.com for example:
    19 × 13 86.84M 12pt White
    Kromekote C1S Laser Gloss - Carton
    $260.74 MSH $300.25 CWT

This comes out to $0.40 per sheet though vs. cutting a larger sheet of normal kromekote which even with the cut charge comes out to about $0.24 per sheet. The laser kromekote is "Guaranteed For Laser Printing Applications." I haven't had any major issues printing on normal kromekote. The laser kromekote may not curl as much so if you have to feed it in two passes printing the second side seems slightly easier. The laser kromekote *may* not get scuffs (wheel marks) in the coated side as easily if you print the back first, but I'm not 100% sure of this yet. For the cost I mostly stick with the normal kromekote.