Where is the best place to work??

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by jlee, Feb 14, 2012.

?

Which region?

1. Northeast (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CN, NY, PA, NJ)

14.3%
  2. Midwest (WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, MO, ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA)

28.6%
  3. South (DE, MD, DC, VA, WV, NC, SC, GA, FL)

21.4%
  4. West (ID, MT, WY, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM, AL, WA, OR, CA, HI)

21.4%
  5. Outside of the U.S.

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jlee

jlee Member

I'm in Maryland, near the metro/DC area. I love the 4 seasons, the job market ain't too bad and I love all the outdoor activities around here but I'm aching for a change.

Me and my gf are considering a move after we get wed and I wanted to let those who know persuade me.

-Jae

2. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

I didn't see "From Home" so I just answered where I live.
    Michigan is a very nice place to live. We have a lot of activities to enjoy. I am not suggesting that you move here though. This state has been beat down, and we are on our last breath. lol

3. jaed

jaed Member

anywhere you can find a job is the best place to live. NJ/PA is slim pickins for top dollar jobs right now.

4. jlee

jlee Member

I hear ya. My friend, who's from there, says the same thing. How long have you been there?

5. jlee

jlee Member

Agreed.

6. richman

richman Senior Member

If you move to Rochester you'll be closer to Xerox (igen tech service will be much faster), but chances are you'll take a pay cut. Job market sucks here :) shh I didn't say that.

7. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

I've been here forever, I'll be here forever.

8. Joe Duffy

Joe Duffy Senior Member

Just mved to Chicago from St. Louis because of the job thing. Love the midwest and the four seasons but jobs are tough everyplace I look... just be sure you have on lined up before you move.

9. jlee

jlee Member

Rochester... other than the job market, what do you love about the area? Would you leave if you could?

10. jlee

jlee Member

Hope you've landed a good job. How do you like it in Chicago? I head it's a beautiful place.

11. Joe Duffy

Joe Duffy Senior Member

Any job is a good job in the economy... Love the city, wonderful skyline and always something to do!
    Good thing houses are cheap because taxes here will scare the freckles off you!

12. peels

peels tree killer :)

Great question! I am in the midwest (SE Iowa) not the greatest spot for this line of work. But it is easy living for sure. 1/4 million dollar house in your dc area wouldn't be a hundred here. You can do it, but you have to be willing to put out the extra effort to stand out.... It is nice being 5 minutes from complete wilderness.

Des Moines has a pretty good market for this industry.

I will probably stay here forever., unless forced by work changes..Or somehow I manage to afford to move to the central coast of California (pismo beach) .... I grew up on the west coast and I love it there, but I enjoy raising my family in the lower stress quasi-rural environment...

13. jlee

jlee Member

Everyone I've talked to who's visited or lives in Chicago, loves it. Hope to make it out there this summer.

14. jlee

jlee Member

"Wilderness" sounds perfect. Now a short commute would be a dream...

15. peels

My commute is 7 miles of highway, 8 minutes :) I really wouldn't trade that. Spent a day in Chicago last week. That was enough to remind me to count that blessing.

16. Joe Duffy

Joe Duffy Senior Member

I drive 57 miles each way up here in Chicago to live out in the fields with my wife and horses - mostly toll roads to work!

17. peels

OMG the toll roads.... I feel for you man! I flew up to be with my wife in town for training on V-day, then drove back home together. Id forgotten about the fun of toll roads. BY about toll booth number 5 heading west on 88, I said "screw it, hello I-pass lane" LOL

18. jlee

jlee Member

Sounds like a dream commute... Used to drive 150 miles for work and school at one point and I dream of the day I'm not spending hours on the road...

19. Neess

Neess Senior Member

Hook me up with a job over there ;)

Here in Denmark i have 4 minutes driving to work, but im bored with the society. And the taxes!

20. Komory

Komory Member

Веst place for litho printer..-Australia.highest salary in the world.excellent conditions for surfing on the sea:)