what kind of media you use?

Discussion in 'Offset Papers & Stocks' started by ethan, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ethan

ethan Member

hi guys
    I wanna know what media you use for 4color print press?
    paper, PVC flex banner, textile? which is popular?

thx in advance

2. Even2011

Even2011 Member

Textile is popular

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Really??? What are you printing on textile via offset press right now? And what press are you running?
    Very curious. I would be shocked if textile was .01% of the offset market. Maybe I just don't know.

4. ethan

ethan Member

I also think textile is popular,on many fairs the textile printer take more and more percentage. but why the textile still did not sell well? the market is still small.

5. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

What exactly are you offset printing on textiles instead of paper?

6. plotter

plotter Senior Member

are you sure your not talking wide format solvent print here???? never even tried printing textiles accept tyvek that came out rather well but it was a one off

7. ethan

ethan Member

textile can not print on offset press? why paper can,but textile not,just BCS one make from tree? & the other not? texile can be fold,papercan? textile can be water resistant,paper can?Does anyone print restaurant menu.some one run into above problems, he ask me for textile. I think it really a good idea.

8. david_s

david_s New Member

I also think textile is popular! Recently, I was looking for a textile material that I can print on with solvent inks and I stumbled upon a material called Veilish. It’s a self-adhesive material that is made of fabric. I did some printing tests with solvent on the Veilish and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of printed images. The media is semi-transparent, so the printed image can be seen on both sides. I saw that it has a certificate for HP latex printers, so I might do some other printing tests. I already recommended it to my clients.