What is this Printer?

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by john1949, Sep 16, 2010.

1. john1949

john1949 Member

Hi.
    My name is John and I am new to this forum and to the printing business. I was offered this printer at a very cheap price, I was told it was a generic Novajet 750 that came from china. There is a name on the front by the function panel that says
    (Times) and then 3 chinese characters. The printer has never been run except for just had one test print. It looks dirty on the photo but it is just the way the guy took them, it has been sitting there for quite a while. I was wondering if any of the members of this forum recognized this printer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    John

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. smile

smile New Member

Hi John, there are some similar machines listed on ebay as brand new from China and Hong Kong. They look like Novajets but I'm sure the 60" machines were only £999 but ebay "Large format printer" and see if they are similar.
    regards...

3. john1949

john1949 Member

Thanks Smile I will take a look.

4. smile

smile New Member

Hi John, did you manage to identify the printer??? what sort of work are you going to use it for??

5. depackers

depackers Member

Hello John

I am Cuba Wen from China a printer as well,but in offset printing,silkscreen printing as well as heat transfer printing sector.I recoganize this NOVAJET,it's one of our Chinese brand.The three characters "泰美斯" is just the chinese name of "Times".I have the same question as Smile,what do you want to use it for?Maybe i can get you some help.

6. john1949

john1949 Member

No I diid not

Could not find anything like this printer on ebay. I intended to use it for printing large photos onto canvas.

7. depackers

depackers Member

So far as i know,if you can find similar printers like Roland,you can just follow its instructions as the one you got is just like Roland in working process.

8. john1949

john1949 Member

Is this printer the same as the novajet 750 with regard to the cartidges and other parts, is it just the disign which is different, and is the printter any good for what i intent to use it for. I have been using a novajet pro 60e but the cartidges are now difficult to find. I would appreciate any help from anyone who knows this printer. Thanks

9. depackers

depackers Member

I am afraid the structures might be different no matter how close they are to each other.However,it's not a definite answer as even though in China,the printer you got is hard to find.Can anyone runs similar machine(no matter which brand) can help?

10. john1949

john1949 Member

Encad Novaajet Pro 60e Cartridges

Failing to get any information on this printer, does anyone know of a supplier for the cartridges for my other printer which is an Encad Novajet Pro60e 60" printer. The cartridges are type 'A' 300 DPI, used on the pro 60e and the 500 I think. They seem to be in short supply. But really I do need help with the printer I have this post for. HELP PLEASE!!!!!