What is the difference of Feboclean and Cleanfix?

Discussion in 'KBA Printing Presses' started by Jose Jacalne, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Jose Jacalne

Jose Jacalne Member

As the title was saying, I would like to know their difference. Does Feboclean has to be used only once a week and Cleanfix should be used once a day? Does Feboclean works the same way as Cleanfix? Which one can be used without using the other?
    Because from what I saw in the file I attached, we have to use Cleanfix during Wash-up and Feboclean in Deep Cleaning. But what if we only have a Feboclean, can we use it during the Wash-up or when moving from a Dark to Light color?

Attached Files:

2. alibryan

alibryan Senior Member

As you mentioned, Febo in a tub is more for deep cleaning/conditioning and is designed to be left on the rollers overnight, or over the weekend. Cleanfix from a tube is a similar product but thinner and is designed for a lighter cleaning, as in color changes etc., because it washes out easier. That said, I could be wrong but I think either of them are okay for quick washups, or extended washups (leave in roller train overnight) and I think the main difference between them is the consistency, and how easily they wash up.

I consider both products to be like modern day Putz Pomades in how they work.