What is the difference between Komori NL 28 and LS 29

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Gta, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Gta

Gta Member

Like the title of the thread says what is the main difference between Komori NL 28 and LS 29.
    Except of the max papier format is there any other main difference in build construction or electronic?

2. Gta

Gta Member

Is it possible that after almost 90 hits on this topic no one has any information or comment on the differences between these two machines.

3. Spanner Man

Spanner Man Member

Hi Gta

L28 prints at the 5 o clock position, mechanical pull side lay, Swing arm moves from the top straight into the 1st Impression cylinder, Moving parts on both sides of the machine, Mackinley roller on top of the damper.

LS29 prints at the 7 o clock position, suction side lay, Swing arm operates from the bottom into an "A" transfer cylinder, Moving parts all on the drive side of the machine, Mackinley roller on top & bottom of damper. LS 29 also slightly faster.

4. Gta

Gta Member

Thank you for your reply Spanner Man.
    When everything is taken into consideration,is the LS 29 really that superior to NL 28 in print quality and problems that may occur during printing.
    Is LS29 really worth that extra money.

5. Spanner Man

Spanner Man Member

The Lithrone 28 was a very good press in its day, like all presses it has it's faults one of them being transferring while under impression. When I first saw the LS29 it seemed cheap but I have to say I am very impressed with the reliabilty.Time will tell.
    The Lithrone 28 is no longer been Manufactured as far as i know but will remain a classic.