What 2 color press to buy?

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by mrkabokieman, Jun 9, 2012.

1. txsurfer

txsurfer New Member

I have 3 3302 presses, just bought my first QM46 2 weeks ago, I am amazed at how much more of a sturdy machine this is, you can't go wrong with either press, I think it depends on the majority of type work you are doing. Job out four color work it is much cheaper than you can do on a 2colr

2. cmyk1975

cmyk1975 New Member

Haveing experience with both and there are few brands of presses I havent run.

I have experience with both the quickmaster is a good press some operatoers have dificulty geting used to them and as with all heidies they cant' make eletronics and the parts are expensive and so is the service but they are good. That being said at my shop we curently have 3 3304's on of wich is a ha(has console and auto plate loader) and a 3302 we also run crestline dampening (i sugest it. it makes life easy).we rarely use the 3302 geting good service is a horrable task due to the fact that ryobi service goes through there dealers who mainly send one person to ryobi school for a few weeks and usealy know less than the operators. parts can be a hastle expecialy on the 3304 we have a old one with the origional gripper style where we had to order the imression cylinder grippers from japan wich took about a month and a half. as 4 color presses go the 3304 is not a quality built machine or quality produceing machine. but i do prefer the 3302 over qm46 just cause it dosent use a comon blanket and you can actualy cock the plates not just kick the tail.