Web pressman now on sheet-fed

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by BreynnMike, Feb 4, 2022.

1. BreynnMike

BreynnMike Member

I'm a pressman with 20 years in the trade running web offset M1000s, Sunday 2000s and Sunday 3000s. I've ran folders, inlines, and VITS sheeters. I've recently changed employers and now have to apply the knowledge I have into a new monster.. I'm on a Heidelberg SM 105, 10 units, perfector. My press can run sheets or rolls. The beginning of my career started in a small sheetfed shop so there are lots of things that I'm familiar with or is coming back to me. Obviously some of the fundamentals remain the same. I'm very comfortable with the printing units themselves as am I in regards to making color moves, register, ink/water balance. As time goes on I will learn more and more. I'm not too worried. I am surrounded by very experienced pressman to answer my questions as well. I know that there's no replacement for experience.

If there you had any pointers of any kind for a web guy going to a sheet-fed press what would it be? Things that may help me down the road or little things that come to mind. Thanks for the help!

2. ashok kumar

ashok kumar Senior Member

Hi
    Pls confirm the machine is it cp2000/press center console or
    Coc/cptronic operating console

3. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

Familiarize yourself with all the technology and adjustability that modern sheetfed presses have to offer. Always keep in mind the limitations of the drying end of the sheetfed press, especially if your inline aqueous coating. The super long drying units of a web press are a lot more forgiving than a short sheetfed IR and hot air dryer. Evacuation of drying gases in a sheetfed delivery should never become set it and forget it !!!