Water pan rollers

Discussion in 'Man Roland Printing Presses' started by aclockhartnky@aol.com, Aug 16, 2013.

1. aclockhartnky@aol.com

aclockhartnky@aol.com Member

I run a 6/color man roland (1996) 300-B with perfector.

I'm trying to find out what kind of water pan rollers came with this press when it was new, the company got it used (1998) when they got it it came with 5-ceramic rollers and 1- crome roller. anyways we have a bad ceramic roller and trying to figure out if we should have it recovered (with ceramic) or have it (re-cromed)
    The Mechanic who works on our press ask me to find out what it came with.
    What has me puzzled is our roller chart says this is a stainless steel roller (pos. 45)
    Thanks in advance

LUCKY-N-KY

P.S.
    ROLANDMAN; our you out there :confused:

2. controlgraphics

controlgraphics Senior Member

When the R300 were installed new, they came indeed with stainless steel water pans. Some customers modified and had them chromed (because of contamination issues?). Ceramic covered is only one step further if you have possible chemical interaction.
    www.controlgraphicsusa.com

3. aclockhartnky@aol.com

aclockhartnky@aol.com Member

Thank you ,I appreciate your time and as always your informative post.

LUCKY-N-KY

4. Sildon

Sildon Member

I am facing trouble with water pan roller; the machine is stopped in the running condition due to the pan roller error. The error is like reverse contactor deactivated due to emergency stop actuated. Can u help me to find the solution for this problem?