1. The Color Printing Forum Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post presses, equipment, or parts they either want or have for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

WANTED - camera & paper plate maker

Discussion in 'Prepress Equipment for sale' started by rawdg, Jan 29, 2010.

1. rawdg

rawdg Member

Looking ideally for an Itek 614 (or such) but need a plate maker that can do paper plates. Just starting a home printing business (although been printing for 20 years), found a great deal on a Chief press, so now need to start finding a platemaker and paper cutter. Budget pretty low on this at the moment. Just found this site, looks really neat and hopefully will be back often. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

thanks, rawdg

2. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Crikey! A camera? Paper plates? Have I stepped through the Time Tunnel (circa 1966)?

Seriously...I take my hat off to you...starting from scratch in these lean times is gonna be hard so the very best of luck to you.

But do yourself a favour before you spend any $$. Discuss in detail with a local supplier of press/print consumables what the current situation is regarding second user equipment. It may be that you can do much better with more up to date equipment...paper plates, I thought, went out with the ark.

I genuinely wish you well in your venture.