Void on prints - Toner on laser (ROS)? - XEROX 700

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by JoshB75, Aug 11, 2014.

1. JoshB75

JoshB75 New Member

We have been having an ongoing issue with toner getting on our lasers (ROS) which leads to a void on the page.

Does anyone know of the solution for this?
    Our techs repeatedly come out to clean them for a temporary fix.
    I don't recall but they may have replaced the units at one point (when they realized they were long past their recommended lifespan).

I don't pretend to understand all of the inner-workings nor do I want to.
    My simplified take: There is toner going places it shouldn't, how can it be stopped?
    Thanks.

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

It is a design fault of these particular units I'm afraid. DC5000's are the same. They are not sealed like our other engines

--
    Mark

3. dino3m

dino3m Member

Hi
    You can try putting electrical tape on the right hand side of the developer tanks where the lid meets the base. this stops the toner leaking out of the top of the tanks. Is there large clumps of coloured toner on top of the dev tanks? if so this is caused by the (clips) on top of the drum draw dispenser pipes. There are 2 little claw type things that if they are splayed out can cause the slide cover of the dispenser assay not to close off properly when you pull out the drum draw.
    Or you can try autograd calibrate on a daily basis (like you should anyway) this keeps the toner levels in the dev tanks too the right levels.
    hope this helps

4. Jake2o

Jake2o New Member

Lack of proper servicing.

It is more than likely that the developer is worn or there is not enough in the dev tanks.

Occasionally the ADC sensor assy can get toner around it which will cause the machine to overtone. It does have a wiper, but that only cleans the sensor window and not the surround area where the sensor is trying to get a reading.

Another possiblilty is the suction filter has not been changed for a long time.

Sorry, but basically what is actually wrong is down to poor maintenance. I look after a lot of these machines and do not have a single one with the housings taped up (although I have removed tape from some).