virgin igen 4 operater

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by happyhammer1, Aug 2, 2013.

1. happyhammer1

happyhammer1 Member

hi
    ive started a job working on a igen4 previous workexperience on igen 3 for about sixteen months,please could someone give me an idea of how to calibrate the machine?in know it has online spectrometer also the front end is managed by creo
    many thanks

2. happyhammer1

happyhammer1 Member

hi there
    could someone send send me a link for igen4 user manual and front end creo user manual in pdf format
    many thanks

3. peels

peels tree killer :)

calibrate?

do a dc0951, then follow it up with TRC linearization.

I don't know about pdf manuals. Wouldnt know where to look...A pretty big book comes with the igen.... did you not get one?

4. happyhammer1

happyhammer1 Member

thank u sir for the information.no i didnt get the manual from management and i did ask i get the impression because ive got igen 3 experience im expected to get on with it,but we know dont we its two diferent machines

5. richman

richman Senior Member

Cheap cheap. I never understood why they're so willing to pay a million dollars for a machine, but the operators nothing. Why hire experienced operators or pay for training when we can just put pressure on someone with no experience and stress them out until they either learn it or quit? Oh well.

Anyway, I feel for you sir. Luckily with knowledge of the igen3, it hopefully won't be too bad. Actually the igen4 is easier IMO. The main differences being Carrier, CPUC, ILS, & Color Maintenance. On your PSIP, you can click on HELP and it should give you an online manual. But still, you should probably request a hard copy anyway.

Run Color Maintenance for your color density calibration. Use a gloss text @ 11x17 or 12x18. Run this once each shift for best results.

Basically the igen4 takes care of a lot of color density issues. As consumables wear down, the igen makes its own adjustments to make the color look the same. You won't need to change consumables nearly as often as on the 3 because of this. Also, you won't need to do developer changes because carrier is constantly added and purged so developer is always fresh. This is a plus.

But yeah, get a manual first you'll need something to refer to. Make Xerox provide one.

6. Anderson Moreira

Anderson Moreira Member

Hi Guys,

Ive just started a job working on a Igen4 as well around 4 months ago and I had no background at all with any xerox machine but Ive learned pretty well how to operate it with the xerox support helping me out with how to calibrate the machine and so on.
    All the best in your new job!!

Regards,

Anderson