VersaLink C7000 Printing Everything Leaning Towards Magenta

Discussion in '11 x 17 Color Laser Printers' started by David M, Dec 24, 2017.

1. David M

David M New Member

The unit is brand new. When I print the same images on an two different HP printers they look perfect. On the Xerox they are all pinkish. I've tried everything I know to try, updating firmware, multiple different drivers and more. If I manually turn "magenta to green" all the way up to 100 using in print settings using one of the Xerox drivers, it does not fix the problem but takes it closer to where it should be.

If I move the paper back and forth at angles under a light I also notice blotching I don't see from either of the HP printers. Is that normal on a Xerox printer at this price range? I weas expecting better print quality from the Xerox, but so far it's worse even if the color was correct.

Is there anyting else to try before deciding something in the unit is defective?

Thank You

2. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

Is there a density calibration option at all? Or color calibration in general?
    I have an OKI digital envelope printer that has chronic magenta saturation issues during the colder/low humidity months. Your Xerox may suffer from something similar.

If you can, try replacing the magenta drum (if you happen to have an extra) If this fixes the issue, perhaps just the drum unit is defective, and hopefully Xerox will honor the part.