vacuum transports

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by peels, Feb 5, 2016.

1. peels

peels tree killer :)

two sets of belts, right before the fuser....

do both sets have vacuum? my 2nd set, last set before fuser, appears to "POP" paper up right before it hits the fuser, on certain papers...curly ones....

getting back to work after vacation is killing me.... seriously.

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Both have a vacuum but on some machines one was disconected due to belt hole artifacts. Sounds like the belt speed to fuser speed needs checking. There should be a slight buckle as it exits the transfer area and sometimes a slight buckle before the fuser and after the fuser. To much either side of the fuser will cause the paper to hit the oil pan or the fuser exit baffle. Some stocks are worse than other so unfortunately there is one setting for all stocks. There is a Dc program to run the will get you in the ball park and then fine adjustment is done via NVM if needed

3. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

There was a retrofit that installed a relay from the fuser exit cooling fan in output module to the transport vacuum to only come on when printing.

4. peels

I could not find this. Only off/on, but felt no air on the 2nd prefuser transport.

exactly whats happening. 10pt, edges curl up. hitting the frame of fuser, no drive.

5. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

It's something like Dc823 or similar - it's been a long time since I used it

6. peels

appears to be nada about this. only prefuser transport 1. ive asked my tech...

FYI. i was asked be press dept when I ordered the paper, if grain direction mattered, and I said no. I wasnt aware that this paper was coming off rolls at the time. :( learning opportunity.....

I can BARELY get it to feed, and when I do, the curl pops it off the vacuum transport. any other day, Id run it 1s, and run 2nd side separate. But this job is 2s 100% variable. :(

8000 more sheets to pump out by friday night. <help> think Ill try cutting it down to a smaller size.... that will at least help feeding I think.

7. peels

OK the final solution for this. It was so terrible, I think I managed 2000 sheets for a whole day.... SO....I rejected that 10pt paper I had been given, switched to FLAT 9pt off of brand new parent sheets, didnt tell anyone.

never stopped.

lol sent that nasty stuff back to warehouse, with a big sign, "not approved for for Igen" :)