UV curing equipment for conventional Four colour offset press

Discussion in 'UV' started by ashokkrmehta, Nov 5, 2013.

1. ashokkrmehta

ashokkrmehta Member

20 balmukund macker road, kolkata 700007 INDIA
    Dear friends
    I have two SOLNA 425 offset press with conventional Damping system. I intend to convert the machines into a UV printing machine by attaching a UV curing system on delivery. The object is to print packaging on silver metalized Board up to 350gsm.
    Can any body guide whether Solna can be used for UV printing and if so what precautions are to be taken by us. The size of machine is 18"X25" and normally runs at a speed of 7000imp. per hour.
    Right now machine is regularly doing good Four Color Jobs acceptable to a broad based clients.

2. Gabibulgaru

Gabibulgaru New Member

change press to uv inks

You need to change rolers,blanchets and all solution for cleaning, and grease for end of press.(this for normal uv-inks) .:)

3. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

And by saying "Change rollers and blankets" he meant - not just install new ones - you have to install special rollers and blankets that can work with UV inks (regular can't) Also there should be a "Bolt On" UV systems since you are not the only one decided to do this, do some research, find a manufacturer of such system(s), contact them - thats a start.

4. ashokkrmehta

ashokkrmehta Member

20 balmukund macker road, kolkata 700007 INDIA
    We have identified combi rollers and blankets for uv inks. What other precautions are to be taken for solna, a slow speed, a conventional dampening system machine. Some even opined the possibility of fire if the machine suddenly stops. Which brand of ink among Dic, sakata, toya will be useful. We are being suggested for trolley based curing system put under the delivery chain.
    Please suggest

5. Gabibulgaru

Gabibulgaru New Member

You have to be carefully: UV curing system produce dangerous level of OZONE ( and heating) ,you have to build a good exhaust system. I work on heidelberg cd74-6 l-x f format,at begin hybrid bat we dont find inks and solutions(for good quality print). We change rollers, blanchet and solutions for UV only.We use HUBER inks and botcherin wash solution for automatic washup system.We test TOYO ink and looks good bat its too expensive for Romania(cost of shiping and other taxes for European Comunity). Slow speed its a plus for curing.You no need to change dampening system.Works ok whith uv inks. I wish you good luck.