Used Heidelberg Image Control - Need Guidance to purchase

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by ajain, Apr 15, 2020.

1. ajain

ajain New Member

I am looking to purchase a Heidelberg Image Control for my presses (CD 102 - 4 Color and SM - 102 10 Color). I have been offered used image control by a few brokers with manufacturing years 2006 - 2011. Having never used this, I am unable to ascertain what to check while evaluation a device. For instance, what are the critical aspects to evaluate while evaluating a image control device.
    1. What do I check for to ensure I don't buy a lemon
    2. For a used/ old device, what are things to look out for?
    3. What goes bad in such a device?
    4. How to calculate the remainder life-time of a device offered for sale?

Thanks

2. member 18943

member 18943 Previous User

It is big difference between 2006 and 2011 devices
    I do not advise you to buy 2006 one, but if you want to test it, you can go to SERVICE screen and excute all service tests (you can examine the multiplexer and xenon lamp,... Etc)
    Also you should have no error messages on the screen, and you can make a successful scan to a printed sheet.

2011 one should named image control 2 or ICNG (image control next generation), sure it is better than the first one, it has different examination procedure that you have to enter as Heidelberg service user (with password) and make basic initialization.

Finally you can find Heidelberg agent in your region to check it for you.

3. Scott Cadwallader

Scott Cadwallader New Member

I had an image control device that died. Instead of replacing it I went with CMYK distributors. mikewilliams@cmykdistributors.com put it on two older machines, 6 unit CD and 8 unit perfector. works great for the past 4 or 5 years.