URGENT!! IRC2620 Drum levels, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by sjmayer67, Oct 10, 2010.

1. sjmayer67

sjmayer67 Member

I'm looking at the drum levels on a irc2620 i'm looking to buy but am unsure if the readings mean I'll be looking at buying new drums for the machine anytime soon..
    The screen reads
    ENV-TR 2
    Y-DRM-LF 148
    M-DRM-LF 150
    C-DRM-LF 151
    K-DRM-LF 184
    If you could help.. I'd be eternally grateful!!

Steve

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

100 = what canon says is 100% yield for the drum.

I would guess those drums are about at the end of their life, but you may go up to 200 or 210% before having issues. I would anticipate the print quality will be a bit more "punchy" than with newer drums. As ours get closer to spent we lose the subtle gradation. For us, black quality is what I'll call "good" up to about 50% of yield and then "ok" unti around 100%. After that I try and use the blacks for text where they are fine past 200% but we lose the quality for black and white photographs if printing in black and white mode. For colors, around 150-190% is fine quality as long as we don't have to do a solid or large area tint in a single cmy color. As long as there's some texture / mix quality is fine. We start to get some lines/streaks though in this range, and also in this range they suddenly fail sometimes so once the drums get in this range I try and check every 250 prints to make sure the drum hasn't given up. It all depends on what has been printed though but this has been the range for us over the last 2 million prints.

3. sjmayer67

sjmayer67 Member

Thanks, Jeff..

Apologies for not getting back to you before now..

4. Maurice

Maurice Member

Regarding the C/M/Y/K-DRM-LF in MISC,

Is there a similar section or way to get the remaining life of the Toners (in numbers, as opposed in the Consumables section)?

Thanks in advance

5. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

The only way I know of to get the numerical drum life (yield) % numbers is in service mode (* 28 *, copier, misc.) The user side & web interface bars are really vague (50-100% shows as full bar e.g.) and command workstation doesn't report a drum status at all for this machine. It would definitely be handy if you could display the actual number directly (as I know I have to watch the machine very closely when drum yields get close to 200 or over.)

6. Maurice

Maurice Member

And for the Toners?

Display Misc.PNG

Consumables.PNG

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  7. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

If you have a fiery and connect via command workstation, it shows the numerical amount of toner left (%) vs. the vague graphs on the machine itself (but not much else.)

Attached Files:

8. Maurice

Maurice Member

Thx for the infos

9. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Sorry I don't have more. I don't know why canon choses to be intentionally vague on the machine's control panel itself as I don't know who that is helpful to.
    if you find out other ways to display specifics please post here.

10. Maurice

Maurice Member

My luck is ****
    During my Last visit to a canon customer, I lost the CD where I put all the drivers and service manuals of the models I usually work on, i.e. IR2270 / 2870/3570/4570 For BW, and IRC/CLC3200 and 3220 for Color, and rarely the IR3170CI/CN that I do not trust very much because most people tend to use it as a heavy duty color machine which is not, and it is very noisy and needs more maintenance.

I was able to recover most of the drivers from backups and website, and to recover the 22/28/35/4570 service manual, but not the CLC 3220 or the IR3170C service manuals. I don't really care about the 3170C for now, However I REALLY NEED the service manual for the CLC/IRC 3200 OR 3220 because much of my customers own it and I have to see at least 2 of them on Saturday.
    I was able to recover the Troubleshooting section from somewhere which is 376 pages only (compared to the full manual), but it is clearly not enough

Could somebody please help me

11. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

There are two canon 3200 service manuals listed for sale on ebay right now for under $10.
    One is listed as FY8-13HV-000 at 1535 pages.
    (not endorsing this as I believe it's technically illegal to sell them due to copyright, but it would be an easy way to get it in a pinch.)

12. Maurice

Maurice Member

Thx for the info, But these need shipping, one of them wont even be delivered before March, and I need it by Saturday.