urgent help with rip

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by R3dS1gn, Mar 16, 2012.

1. R3dS1gn

R3dS1gn Member

hi, i got a Presstek Momentum Rip and i got a big problem, im getting a big zone without image between burn zone on the plates (like 35 cms aprox) when it normally needs just 3 cms aprox in each one, does anyone know how to set up the rip to avoid that? im actually moving plates manually anyone knows?

thanks so much

2. Marc Bremer

Marc Bremer Senior Member

If you spool plates manually, you have to spool plates constantly by hand, or make the takeup spool empty from than you can start spooling automaticly again. Spooling plates is not a setting in the rip.

3. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

Marc is correct. You will have to cut a new tab on the remaining plate material and measure the amount that is left. Use this measurement to input in the partial plate material section of the plate reloading screen.

4. R3dS1gn

R3dS1gn Member

i began having that problem when i ajusted the sheet size on the rip options, (after making that when i sended an archive with more that 30*45cms size for example 32*45 i had an error when i wanted to preview the archive on the makeready screen of the machine that said me that the archive was exeding number of maxium lines then it said me if i wanted to continue y/n no matter what i choosed if exit the window) well back on problem i moved the sheet size on the rip to a maxium of 34*46 but i moved the casset too to the same values.
    it fixed the first problem i could print in 34*46 format but i noticed that the plates finshed with 7 plates left, all of them four, searching the problem i unwrap the plates and i noticed that i began having a non-burnt space between image and image before i moved the rip, so i dont really know what to do, i already reseted the values, i tried leaving them exactly how they was but still not work any ideas?

5. Marc Bremer

Marc Bremer Senior Member

I don't use any page set option or whatever on my harlequin rip. Page size is set by the documents I send to the rip (PDF and PS).