Urgent help : Cd 102 5 lx 1994

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by GONDAL, Oct 2, 2015.

1. GONDAL

GONDAL Member

Hi We need urgent help and advise. We have just bought a used Cd and its been 3 months since it landed at our plant. 2 problems:

1. After punching the plates the plates mounted on the semi autoplate. The problem is the registration which should come to 95%. But is showing a 3mm difference between all units and no colours are matching. The cocking is also not taking this difference out since it has a 15 pt up and down limit.
    We have cleaned the chase, our local engineer cannot figure out the problem. The machine has done 160 million impressions and he says the bearings may have to be replaced. We are in a bad state.
    Is this a setting problem or some mechanical defect. Is there is plate clamping adjustment, Please advise what can be done or how we solve this.

2. Secondary issue is Washers (blanket, impressions cylinders and rollers) we need the Schematic diagram of the connection of the washer pipes.

For both can any one mail us the manual/diagrams or details. Please mail at gondalspress@gmail.com

appreciate
    Pankaj Gondal

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Plate clamps could have been removed in order to replace the bladdder(s) and hardware not reinstalled properly. Compare the gaps between the register pins and cylinder edge. Yes, the supporting rollers may be worn, but complete removal would be required to inspect them.check the simple things first.

3. GONDAL

GONDAL Member

Thank you Sir for your promt helpfull reply, will show this to my engineer. Any Diagram you have which shows how to do this. Appreciate.
    I got this machine from Binghamton. NY.

4. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

3mm difference in diagonal or is it 3 mm difference in circumferential direction?

5. jeffjs1

jeffjs1 Member

It sounds like the gears were not put back to thier original timing when it was installed, or if it is a perfector, there could be damage to the upper perfector cam follower assembly.

6. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

CD 102's don't have perfectors.
    It is not possible to install the press with wrong gear timing, otherwise you will break something for sure.:p

7. contractor

contractor Member

Spot on aqazi81

8. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

I believe junker is right. If the machine has been installed by disqualified technician who has not have any experience on CD102 installation, it would causes these problems. Heidelberg CD102, particularly your machine with 160 million impression, requires a very precise installation. I'm not a mechanic to explain the details, but I recommend you to ask Heidelberg agent or any experienced technician to check the leveling and gears back lash.
    You can ask exheidmech at this forum for more advice as well.

Good luck