Trying to print A3 onto SRA3

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by whatsonyourwall, May 9, 2012.

1. whatsonyourwall

whatsonyourwall New Member

I am using a Xerox 7525 and i am trying to print exactly a3 onto sra3 posters, the problem is that the printer seems to print the images slightly rotated making it very difficult to trim.

I am using Acrobat Pro X with the option to Auto Rotate and centre as this gets me closest to straight (remove this option and i lose some of the image off the corners of the page) i have tried printing with photoshop and word with no better results

My question here is... Is this a fault with my printer, or a fault with software? does anyone have any advice?

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

There are a few different types of skew, stretch, and rotation that can occur. Higher end machines have functions or RIP functions to deal with skew a bit better allowing the machine to compensate for it. Lower end machines also have greater tolerances in the paper drawers, etc. allowing the paper to be off a bit as it feeds and runs through the machine. Finally, if you are duplexing or printing both sides, you may find the heat and pressure causes the paper to distort a bit.

Is the rotation or skew measurable, less or greater than 1 mm?

I'm not sure why acrobat printing to fit would affect the rotation at all, unless it's simply moving the image in from the edge a bit so it's less noticeable (forgive me if this is a silly assumption on my part.)