Trouble with Duplicator

Discussion in 'Digital Duplicators' started by theprintingplace, Oct 22, 2007.

1. theprintingplace

theprintingplace New Member

Hello everyone. We recently bought a small printing business and along with it came an older AB Dick Digital Duplicator. It used to work just fine, (or so I'm told). I believe it is a 1984 model. When I attempt at using it, it will only print the left half of the page.

And upon investigation, if I pull out the drum once a master is on it, only the first half of the drum has ink on it. I have some ink that was recently purchaced and it comes out of the package just fine. That 1/2 of the page prints really nice but nothing or little on the second half of the drum. Any ideas why??

I no little or nothing about these machines and have always worked around laser and ink-jet equipment. It is not vital to get this thing working, but if I can try some simple fixes, I would like to use it on some of my high-volume, lower quality jobs.

Any ideas or advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Nick

2. birdz

birdz Member

open up the drum and check to see if your ink doctor gap is still open all the way across - the only reason I can think that ink wouldnt migrate to the back of the drum would be that the ink doctors aren't doing their job.

3. art post

art post Member

Could also be a problem with ink pump, I would have to see it.

Do a google search for docusultant

4. Heidelberglen

Heidelberglen Member

Your form roller setting are out. Read the operators manual and reset your rollers. Also use Van Son rubber based ink. Formulated for dampeners. AB Dick is a pretty reliable workhorse of a press.