Trouble with Black From Illustrator to Poster Shop RIP Queue

Discussion in 'Other RIPs' started by pentaprism, Jul 14, 2010.

1. pentaprism

pentaprism New Member

I have a poster that I have been trying to output and can not get the image to be a straight Black and white grayscale Image. Some where along the lines it is translating into a rich black. I have set the image in photoshop to only black and white gray values, then placed in illustrator with the rest of the design (TEXT) linked as a psd. The values changed to become a rich black so I rasterized the picture as a grayscale image. took my Densitometer to the rasterized image which read that there are only blacks in this image. Saved the file as an EPS and then opened on the RIP and it was a rich black with all CMYK values. When I print these the overcast is extremely green and /or yellow. I can not use the over all color adjustments to take these down because i have pantone text in the graphics that are right on where they need to be and adjusting overall would kill all the other colors that I have already hit. Any suggestions?

2. Drunknmonk

Drunknmonk Member

In my Shiraz RIP I can alter the profile to just print black only called "force black or mono only" not sure if you can alter your profiles !!

Gary