Triumph 4850 doesn't cut straight

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by patefilo, Feb 9, 2019.

1. patefilo

patefilo New Member

Hello,

When my blade cuts any piece of paper, it doesn't cut straight. I've joined an exaggerated scheme on an actual piece of paper that I just cut.
    The red line is drawn emplifying the problem: The top of the sheet is well aligned with the carrier but the blade cuts like the blade was not parallel to the carrier!

Would you have an idea? Thank you

Attached Files:

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Hope you are well.
    i can strong suggest you observe this:
    1) The Pre-clamp must precede to knife, IF The blade is coming first, and the clamp that the reason of your problem
    2) If the clamp is NOT coming first , test it)
    3)If the cutting quality decreases:
    • Check the cutting depth (adjustment)
    • Check the cutting stick (replace it and adjustment)
    • Replace or grind the blade
    4)The blade cannot be ground if the blade
    height is less than 83 mm/3,29 inches.
    A new blade must be used.

3. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

There's also a 'calibration' if you will, for the back stop. If it's screwed, it won't matter how straight (or not) the blade is.
    Dull blades will results in a skewed cut, the friction and the drag can be powerful enough to dominate the hold of the clamp.

And everything Chock said is also right on the money for getting your cutter up to speed.

Dont ignore the maintenance regimen, the greasing, lubrication, cleaning and balancing.
    You shouldn't be able to hear your cutter operate from the pre-press room on the other side of the building.

4. LG-Graphix

LG-Graphix New Member

Hi All!

I have a Triumph 4850 as well and having issues. The blade and clamp stopped coming down altogether. It makes a sounds as if it wants to come down (makes a click sound) but doesn't move. Any ideas on what it could possibly be or anything you might suggest that I can try????

Thanks!

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi:
    Please reset the1) F1+f2(Knife and clamp overload)
    2) Ya +y2 Brake for clamp and knife, see if the moment they are coming down work??
    They must open in order to descendend the knife and clamp, and vice versa.

6. LG-Graphix

LG-Graphix New Member

Thanks Chock!

Might be a stupid question, but do I need to take the covers off the top and front or are the F1 + F2 accessible from the bottom? Can't quite make out the schematic. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the response.