Toners for laser printers

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by VolumeControl, Feb 26, 2014.

1. VolumeControl

VolumeControl New Member

Hi all,
    Now I had a chance to go through this forum, I'm really not sure how I got here. But, I have and although my question will surely sound stupid, I'll give it a go :D
    In the office where I work, we have this Samsung-something :p and I can remember, when the colour was all spent, our boss took it to some technician and had some chip removed or something (I'm so sorry, but you know, girls are not supposed to know these things :D) and after that we were able to just buy the colour and he would fill it himself.
    Now, I was wondering if that applies for all laser printers, or just for some, 'cause I'm thinking of purchasing this Canon, and I'm not sure if I'll have to ... i don't know!... do something to it when all colour is spent :D

I hope I described my worries clearly :)

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

You said in you post: " Girls are not suppose to know these things", it goes both ways, "Girls are not suppose to do these things", I mean refilling inks if you are not technically inclined (you can do other things with color, like make up and lipstick but if yo have no idea about any of this, I don't think you should get involved)
    By the way, the Canon you planning on buying isn't Laser, i.e. TONER Based printer, it is INK JET, there is a difference. If there is a local technician that your took that Samsung-something to, talk to him, perhaps he would be the best person to guide you to which printer is most friendly to refill cartridges for in your local market, if you still up for it. The best and easiest way would be - be the girl, bring him the cartridge, smile and ask to fill it up. good luck.