Toner Fade resistant/longevity in sunlight?

Discussion in '11 x 17 Color Laser Printers' started by aussierescue, Jul 8, 2012.

1. aussierescue

aussierescue New Member

Laser Printing for use in sunlight?
    I'm curious to hear how well toner holds up in sunlight and if there are differences in toner quality, as I hope to consider use of after market, refurbished toner cartridges or possibly DIY refill kits? I need to get the best toner that will resist fading and hold up, under laminate, in sunlight. Possibly all toner is very much the same?

I'm a volunteer working with several lost dog non-profit groups and recently started testing printing methods to make letter to 12x18 size LOST DOG FLYERS, which are laminated and used outside in direct/indirect sunlight.

Inkjet hasn't worked well in sunlight. The few laser text flyers I had done locally held up remarkably well for weeks/months outside under laminate. I was able to find someone selling an HP CP5225 for a great price which I couldn't refuse. I will begin testing the HP with various types of papers now.

This is my first experience owning a laser printer, but I do have experience with various inkjets, including wide format and color management. Thanks for any help with this. Thank You!