Toner economy. Please help!

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Buddha303, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Buddha303

Buddha303 Member

I have just bought a Xerox phaser 7500 and it's insanely expensive to run! I mainly. Print full coverage A3 posters and CD packaging and at the moment I'm going through a set of toner per WEEK!

I was wondering if there is anything to do to squeeze the most out of the cartridges. Ive scouted the settings but I don't see any way of tweaking things.

Alternatively can anyone suggest a printer that gives the same high quite prints but isn't going to bankrupt me?

The print quality on this machine is fantastic but I just can't afford it! If someone could help me find a machine that has a similar quality output with cheaper toner I would be hugely grateful!

Thanks!

2. croma

croma New Member

buy toner by private people...

3. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

In the US, at around this volume we found it more economical to lease a new printer under contract which included a full service and supplies contract and paying a fixed click charge per print for the duration of the 5-year leases. (negotiated this way so it wouldn't go up every year.) Before that, using about 12 toners a month, it was taking me too long to source toners and drums at a good price every month.

4. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

Phaser is for office use. Buy a production printer that is designed for that type of work load.

5. Buddha303

Buddha303 Member

Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated!

A lease is kinda out of the question at the moment. Im a new startup and I've spoken to about 10 companies about leasing and none of them will offer me one without having 3 years of trading under my belt.

Ive been looking at a Xerox work centre 7435 as a replacement. My main concern is that it has the same capacity carts but it seems to be built for my kind of usage. Does anyone have any experiance with the machine? What sort of numbers can I expect with full coverage A3's?

I really appreciate your help!