TOK sheet to sheet registration issue

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Chachu, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Chachu

Chachu New Member

Hi guys,

I just started running an old TOK after our pressman sadly passed away (God rest his soul).
    I am now having difficulties in getting a good sheet to sheet front registration. There is an erratic image shift of about 2mm from sheet to sheet. Doing 2 colour work with a slightly tight registration becomes almost impossible for me.

What frustrates me the most is that the gentleman who used to run it always managed to get perfect registration, he actually trained me but I don’t know what I am doing wrong and sadly he is not around to ask him.

Can anyone please share some tips with me?

Regards,
    Massy

2. Hters

Hters Member

Massy, is your machine single or multicolor?

Ters.

3. Chachu

Chachu New Member

Hi Ters,

The machine is single colour.

Thanks.

4. rossio

rossio Senior Member

May be a TOK 6-Color?:confused:

You are a Heidelberg Instructor? Assume a young guy, so you don´t know the TOK.
    It´s only a duplicator without any registration.:cool:

Rossio

5. Hters

Hters Member

Yes Rossio, I am an Instructor in South Africa. I started in the trade working on KORD, (in 1990) and later did my trade test on it. Thank you for the compliment about my age! You are as young as you act/feel....

You are correct in saying I do not know the TOK, but with proper make-ready, acceptable register/fit can be achieved, without the luxury of front or side lays on this press. My tip would be to ensure all paper stock is of equal size (square), and run at a lower speed.

Ters.

ps. When you think you know it all, it's a sure sign you don't.

6. Chachu

Chachu New Member

Thank you all guys for your replies.

Running at low speed and having the paper cut neat and square does help but I have come to the conclusion that it is not possible to achieve perfect sheet to sheet registration on this machine. So any job with tight registration will be done on the GTO.

The TOK is so quick and easy to set up, it's ideal for short run spot colour jobs which cannot be done digitally.

We are actually planning to get a Printmaster 46-2, maybe this will do a better job.

Oh well, we live and learn!

Thank you.

7. rossio

rossio Senior Member

Few yours ago thought even so, but was so sorry about.
    Too much electronics, unreliable. You can get Printmaster for a small amount but keep in mind that circuit boards are very expensive even in exchange.:mad:

Good luck
    Rossio