TOK roller settings

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by emet, Jun 29, 2021.

1. emet

emet Member

Can anyone help me with setting rollers on a TOK.
    I am trying to help a friend with his press. He is specifically having problem with the dampening train.

2. Travis Young

Travis Young Member

Haven't laid eyes on one in 20+ years.
    I can remember from school they were an integrated type dampening system.
    What's actually happening?
    I would think that a good first step would be to do an ink strip test from the water forme roller to the plate.
    If you run a job and get a bit of ink on the dampeners, there will be a way to drop them onto the plate without the machine running (I can't remember how to operate them). You should see a (roughly) 3mm ink stripe on the plate.

3. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

I'm surprised a TOK is still running, I too cannot recall the settings sorry :(

4. emet

emet Member

Thank you Travis,
    It seems like there is no water form. Just one huge form for both ink and water. The question is how do you change the roller pressure? I am not where the press is and am just trying to help a friend but he does not know how you change the roller pressure. I am attaching a photo he sent me that show some allen screws with locking nuts that we thought could be what you use.
    I have explained about having a 3mm stripe ( I thought that would be a decent start).

Attached Files:

5. Travis Young

Travis Young Member

Total guess here but A & B look like they probably work in conjunction with each other. One will probably adjust to the roller next to it and the other to the plate (or maybe that huge forme roller).
    If this is the case, the setting to the roller next to it needs to be made first, then the setting to the plate.
    I'm home in a couple of days and will have a look in the filing cabinet. From memory I think I still have some stuff on TOKs

6. emet

emet Member

Well that would be great if you do have something on the TOK.
    Thank you for the help.

7. emet

emet Member

Travis,
    Did you ever find any info on the TOK?