Tinting

Discussion in 'Man Roland Printing Presses' started by northern-andy, Sep 14, 2021.

1. northern-andy

northern-andy Member

Hi, I've got a problem with a unit tinting towards the back edge of an A2 sheet, on a Roland 300 mainly on the drive side.All rollers are set good to plate but haven't taken any out yet to look at stripes to oscillators. This is very noticeable when there is not much image on the sheet.
    I'm wondering if the damper drive gear has to much play in there.
    I've also put some pieces of shim in the roller journals to stop any movement on the plate form rollers even though these can oscillate anyway

2. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

If your press is equipped with the ability to change the dead point from lead to tail on the oscillation, then I would experiment with moving it backwards a bit to see if you can move the offending tint into the gap. Of course this is just a last resort to get you through the job, and the root cause needs to found and remedied. For a permanent fix I would begin by looking at both the durometer and settings of every roller that contacts the plate. Adjustment between form rollers and oscillating rollers should be set on the lighter side of spec. Also if your press is equipped with delta in its water system I would advise to try turning it off.

3. northern-andy

northern-andy Member

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look at the oscillation when I get back to work. I have sorted it a little by setting the rollers and putting shims in the journals that hold the form rollers but will also turn the delta off as I know the other operator has it on permanently.
    It's always a pain when you come onto a different press and have to start doing maintenance while still having to produce.