Thin paper wrinkles...or not

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by igen3bg, Sep 11, 2012.

1. igen3bg

igen3bg Member

Hi, all. I have problem with one of the papers I use. From time to time I get the artefact snown on the pics I attach. It's like the paper is wrinkled by the fuser but the paper is out OK. Only the toner is like "wrinkled". The patern is not the same. Usualy it appears along the IB. The paper is quite thin, 80 gsm and one side coated.I changed the fuser, played with the Contact arc and nothing. Sometimes I get similar artifact on thin papers like 115 gsm or so. I only get it on coated papers. Most of the time I have no problems printing it. Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. igen3bg

igen3bg Member

Could somebody please share if they do something "special" when printing very thin stocks. Thanks

3. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Thats interesting. Looks like watermarks. Could be the paper has moisture in it. Maybe thats why it comes and goes.

4. igen3bg

igen3bg Member

I seriosly doubt that...With 20-25 % RHumidity!?!

5. Shibi TVM

Shibi TVM Member

In think this may due to moisture in the paper or transport path
    keep paper in Halogen lamp for some time & clean the paper transport

This may help you

6. LazyTony

LazyTony New Member

I agree it does look like moisture in the paper. Sometimes I come across that when I am running 80# glossy text. A quick work around I have gotten is the tell the machine it is printing a different stock, like say that it is matte and not gloss. The weight is the same, but it adjusts the thickness setting and runs it differently. And I have seen that work. Worth a shot anyway. Good Luck.

7. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

Try what LazyTony suggested. Change the paper specs around.

It definitely looks like moisture in the paper also. I see that quite a bit on my iGen. A lot of our paper is delivered overnight and ran the same day it comes in, so it has been out in a truck all night.

8. Bill Borcicky

Bill Borcicky Senior Member

What about the speed which you print? can you regulate the printing time? some machines you can adjust to slower speeds which cure some problems.
    I do not run your model of machine and my answer may be out of total ignorance.

9. Shibi TVM

Shibi TVM Member

Hi

Finally issue solved or not?