thin gloss sticks to fuser

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by peels, Dec 23, 2013.

1. peels

peels tree killer :)

oh man I am so ready to burn this stuff.

70# gloss text. it used to be that it wouldnt transfer....now, it sticks to the fuser and wraps. Smells nice too.....

BRAND NEW fuser and pressure this morning.

NO clue what to do.

help? :)

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Very rare for iGens to get fuser wraps. There is a problem called retack where the paper goes through then lifts and gets stuck to the fuser again. Usually with lightweight poor quality paper with solids on it.

Note the poor quality bit :)

--
    Mark

3. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

.....double check the fuser roll pressure!!
    Also check the stock attributes......our key operator changed them to get the stock to run in summertime conditions..so it is time to re-adjust for cold and dry LOL

4. peels

Note the poor quality bit

oh, that is MOST definitely noted. :) :)

firstly, this also happens regularly with our house label (dont ask, its pure misery) where it appears to catch on the fuser picker (skive in kodak-ese) I live with it because it is extremely rare i have to do it....and very small numbers.

I sat and watched it with a flashlight with this light paper, its nearly doing the same thing, catching on the 3rd picker back.....so, I swapped it with the outboard one, it is running. OF COURSE, I don't have any of those in the cabinet. i bet I did a motnh ago LOL!!!!!!

youll find another thread here from the summer entitled "DELETIONS" I think... same paper...but TOO moist. NOW, its too dry.

I<3 digital print.

5. peels

done swifty. Its still really dry here though, only 4 degrees outside, gotta watch it when I grab a sheet out of the tray. ZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!!!!

6. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Check the grain as well

7. peels

yeah fuser pickers(skives) thats all it was. they had "melted" and developed a lip that flipped up slightly.....catching light paper.

sanded them down, and away we go.