The Wiki of Fault Codes!

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by ddigen3, Feb 2, 2011.

1. sickofit

sickofit Member

Mark, where is this located? i can't get a tech here til Monday

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

In side the carrier hopper door (the one you open to replace the toner box and filter). All four are at the base of the carrier hopper

--
    Mark

3. Schweem

Schweem Member

Help

XPE - 09 - 3088
    Looked around for this in the forum...cant find it
    Any ideas

4. peels

peels tree killer :)

not sure schweem

What does the diagnostics say the error is?

5. Schweem

Schweem Member

I found out it had something to do with a cleaner brush.
    All better now....at least all better for right now
    Thanks Peels and I enjoy your posts

6. Schweem

Schweem Member

XPE-03-3400
    Anyone?

7. Keigan

Keigan Certified

anymore info on it under Administration?

I never write down my faults for some reason and I just recently started so I can track them, but from the number I'm not sure I've come into contact with it before. Sometimes the extra bit of info helps me.

8. Schweem

Schweem Member

machine module failed to cycle up

9. Keigan

Keigan Certified

Hmm, nothing rings a bell.

Can you reset the fault?

I would try to restart the machine (which I'm sure you've done) and if no luck try running dc0591.

Had you done anything prior to this, or did it just start to happen?

10. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Could be a software bug. I have seen it happen when the printer is warming up and the engine cycles up to early if there is a job in the queue then times out due to the fuser not yet ready. I have escalated the issue on our side of the pond. Wait until the fuser is ready then submit the job for a current work around

--
    Mark

11. Schweem

Schweem Member

We did a "hard" shutdown. Turned off the breakers. Restart and so far so good.
    Thanks all

12. peels

OK, i have had enough of this code 10-4403.

I get it probably 50-75% of the time waiting for it to complete "warming up"

reset and it goes. but sometimes it likes to do it...when you start, leave the area, come back, and expect a proof. and you have to wait again...ugh.

thermistors are new..that didnt solve anything. again, not a deal breaker, but man OH MAN is it annoying LOL.

found this in thread.
    1. XPE-10-4403
    2. Print Engine Fault: Fuser Low Temp.
    3. Click RESET

any ideas?

13. Eric.Albion

Eric.Albion Member

Here's one I just got and solved today:

XPE-10-1101 - you will see this in diagnostics as "LE late to Prefuser 1 Sensor" and it comes up after running a 2-sided, heavy ink coverage job.

The fault: You will have sheets jam right before the prefuser transfer deck, and may even have to pull a sheet or two right off of the PR belt. My PR belt escaped this incident unscathed. Depending on the run size, there will be sheets jammed from the prefuse transfer deck, back through the duplexing side of the feeder path.

The Fix: This is a fault that occurs when the Stripper Bar of the PR Belt (labelled "P1" with an arrow underneath) is not properly latched. Open up the print engine, complete the steps to disengage the color units and slide the PR Belt out. Open the NOHAD cover and properly latch the Stripper Bar to stop the problem.

14. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Peels,
    Does it not warm up from stand by or when it is running?

15. peels

it gets the error during warmup, in between jobs. Or when in standby, when its already warm...say, when emptying the stacker. Its a 50/50 chance, Ill have to walk back over and reset it again.

I also get a second error occasionally. Forgot the #. but it locks me out, with the "call for service" message. This is the error I log in as service, and reset fuser lamps. THese are very few and far between.

new thermistors on fuser.
    new lamp in pressure roller.

just one of those things. A long time ago, tech just said "oh thats fine, just reset it" and me, being new, green, and only having nexpress training, just rolled with it. Starting to drive me bananas here lately.

maybe I should just call him in. My highlight color xerox is being a pain too. (well it always is) the HLC wire mod is held tight by a zip tie and a paper clip.
    LOL I got to meet the guy that designed that the other day. I tried to be nice...I really did. But I showed off that particular modification.

16. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Sounds like it could be a faulty standby or run relay. Those are solid state relays on the top drop down panel in the back of the output module.

17. peels

ah cool, thanks Milo.

18. dlannan701

dlannan701 Member

Anyone ever have an XPE-10-3423 fault? It says it has to do with the inverter motor failing or not powered? It runs for awhile and then I get this fault and jams. Reset and it goes away - temporarily - then comes back

19. peels

not personally seen that one.

myself, i would check all sensors involved, and reseat connections. not sure of this particular motor, but it could just have a flag sensor for home on a roller, thats not getting a good signal, never seeing home. I just went through this on the fuser camming motor.

dlannan701 likes this.

20. dlannan701

dlannan701 Member

Turns out one of the sensors had popped out of place and was just flopping all over the place.