The Wiki of Fault Codes!

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by ddigen3, Feb 2, 2011.

1. ddigen3

ddigen3 Senior Member

If an attempt at running a Xerographic Setup (dc0951) or clicking "Fully Reinitialize PSIP" from the PSIP's start menu doesn't do the trick, my last resort is (even against the PSIP instructing not to) is to power everything down, even the press, for at least 60 seconds, then reboot in your normal fashion.

It seems to me that this fault has to do with communication more than xerographics. I could be totally wrong though, seeing it's a xerographic fault code and all.

2. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

dc0951 solved it. Some reason it passed and now I'm running again lol.

ITS ONE OF THOSE DAYS*

*WEEKS

3. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

Now what would cause black "smudges" that appear randomly all across the sheet? What is the solution. I've tried vacuuming the ETAC/MOB Shield, TAB blade, cleaned the black unit altogether and cleaned the dicors, pinscors around the black unit as well. Still no luck.

Smudges resemble "toner bombs", almost like you just dropped a buncha powder on there, no bigger than about 1/4"

4. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Sounds like toner "spitting". Install developer assy. lower air flow reducer. Lower TC level. Rplace TC sensor. vacuum upper dev. manifold, rplce black dev material...etc. Any one of these might fix the issue.
    What is the software level that you're running on the PSIP? If 2.4 or above then there are some NVM changes for reduced convergance faults.

5. RMiGen

RMiGen Senior Member

I believe I am using Version 3.3.0.19.6.

I did a 951 which passed and then the convergence faults havent happened anymore.

I did a developer change and just from running more prints through the black spitting has gone away.

Thanks for the tips! I dont know how to lower the air flow reducer, lower tc level, or replace tc sensor, anyhow.

6. IMS_AU

IMS_AU New Member

Xpe-09-4301, xpe-09-4302, xpe-09-4303

7. IMS_AU

IMS_AU New Member

XPE-09-4301, XPE-09-4302, XPE-09-4303 Print engine fault error and preventing dC0951 process to complete,

Following error:

ESV Offset has faulted
    Routine has terminated (fault or paper jam)

Any idea guys?

8. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

You probably have to recalibrate the esv for each color. Should be set for 15 volts dc +/- 3.3 volts.

9. iGenTech

iGenTech Member

Xpe-09-4301, xpe-09-4302, xpe-09-4303

Fault Code, XPE-09-4301, XPE-09-4302, XPE-09-4303 indicates theres residual voltage on the PR Belt at ?? station ESV.

Ensure that the Pretransfer Dicorotron has edge insulators under the grid and that they are not split or cracked.

You can check to see if the problem is in only 1 station.
    Vresidual1 ( ? )(loc 2211) Vresidual2 ( ? )(loc 4773) Vresidual3 ( ? )(loc 4774)Vresidual4 ( ? )(loc 4775)
    If One of the stations has a significantly higher value than the others then you need to check out the ESV for that station.

If your having all 3 faults I wouldn't think of ESV's as the cause.
    I would start by checking out the cleaner system.
    Check the PR Belt for any evidence of toner past the Cleaner area. If so check out the cleaner and make sure All of the Erase lamp LED segments are good.

10. Meesh48

Meesh48 Member

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Wondering if you can give me some ideas. I'm waiting on my tech however it's taking forever and I'm wondering is there anything else I can do. I keep getting a "Print Engine Fault". I've reset it a million times, I've also shutdown the interface, creo and Igen on top of cleaning the ETAC and MOB senors. Is there anything else that can be done

11. iGenTech

iGenTech Member

Hi Meesh48,

"Print Engine Fault" is a generic term.
    DClick on the fault is the "Active Status List" and post the service codes it will be something like XPE-0x-xxxx.

12. Meesh48

Meesh48 Member

I truly apologize the fault code is XPE-09-3503 and I keep clicking reset (a million times) and I've cleaned the ETAC and MOD senors, shutdown the interface, creo and Igen......... don't know what else to do.

13. iGenTech

iGenTech Member

XPE-09-3503
    Patch Generator LED intensity Convergence Fault
    I would start by cleaning the Patch Generator. Its located in the middle just above the black housing above the ESV that says Fragile on it.
    But what the fault code is saying is that the Black solid Patches are not developed. So after that I would swap the ac and dc charge dicors with cyan. If the same fault code still is the same then I would think it's something in development. Like the housing isn't seated/docked to the P/R right, low developer, developer bias.
    Sorry if this is all ran together I'm typing on my phone.

14. Stiv

Stiv Senior Member

Keep your eye on the tech and let us know what the solution was.

Welcome to the forum, Tex.

15. Meesh48

Meesh48 Member

Thanks a bunch...... I clean the patch generator and the there was issues with the Magenta charge station..... I wasn't seating properly. It's running now. Thanks so much.

16. Meesh48

Meesh48 Member

XPE-09-1100 is the fault code I'm getting now. I'm having more issues with my Igen3......it was running fine last night and then in the middle of a job "Print Engine Fault" popped up and I've shut down my PSIP and igen and the same fault code comes up with "Print Engine Fault". Any info to help a girl out. Please advise.

17. Meesh48

Meesh48 Member

Hi Stiv

IgenTech was on point...... I totally forgot about the Patch Generator, also I had issues with Magenta AC charge.... it wasn't seating properly. I love this forum, I'm glad I joined.

18. Meesh48

Meesh48 Member

Right now I've gone back and cleaned my ETAC and MOD Senors, and I'm going to run my dC0951....... any other information is welcomed. Oh have a blessed and safe 4th july weekend.

19. Meesh48

Meesh48 Member

I'm up and running. XPE-09-1100 fault code, you may want to clean the ETAC and MOD sensors and then run a dC0951. It may fail a few times like mind did, HOWEVER on the last try it passed and now my Igen3 is running. I hope this helps someone else. MAN I LOVE THIS FORUM.

20. iGenTech

iGenTech Member

XPE-09-1100, indicates that Cycle-Up Convergence failed to complete in the time allotted.

I don't like this code because it don't tell you what didn't converge... ....Deep breath.... Thank you XEROX....
    Start by doing routine maintaince. Clean ETAC Sensors, AC and DC charge devices.

If that dont fix it.
    Run [Marker, dC951 - Xerographic Setup].
    With any luck dC0951 completes successfully with no new faults.

If it faults post the new code. If it times out list the last completed Phase that has a green check box.
    Note: ESV Offset sometimes fails when you first hit start just clear the fault and start it again.

IgenTech@yahoo.com