Temperature of Sm74 while operating

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by cc1433, May 29, 2020.

1. cc1433

cc1433 Member

Hi, so hopefully my machine should land in Sri Lanka by early next month. The reason behind mentioning that we live in Sri Lanka, is that we have a humidity of close 80-90% and the year round temperature is 27-33 Centigrade. This means if we are running this machine we would require to air condition the space, or all the alcohol might evaporate. I would like to know if someone has actually measured the heat that is released from this machine, in order for the Air Con guys to gauge the capacity of the air condition unit we need to set up.
    Thanks , and hope everyone is keeping safe from the virus.

2. asem alsafady

asem alsafady Member

Dear cc,
    I think that the ideal temperature should be around 23c°.
    Humidity 60-70%.
    Good luck.

3. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hi,
    You didn't provide more details about your machine. What is the age? Is it air cooled or water cooled? Is there any IR dryer? As standard, you should maintain temperature between 23 and 25. Humidity at that region is relatively high and it may condense on metal surfaces of machine and makes corrosion which will damage your machine. What you should consider is reducing temperature and humidity by using absorption air conditioners. These equipments are quit expensive but it really worth to invest on it.

Good luck,

4. cc1433

cc1433 Member

Hi, Mathew,
    Its a 2001 SM74 2 color.
    It has CPC 1.04 Center
    ALCOLOR damping circulation and refrigeration
    No IR dryer.
    Thanks for the advise on the type of air conditioning unit. For the guys to figure out how many BTU's the air conditioner should be I need confirm Heat emitted from the machine. Would you have any idea?

Thanks again,
    Charith

5. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

It's very difficult to estimate heat emission of the machine. But your machine is not a multi colour with high heat emission rate. I would say add 30% to calculated BTU and order appropriate air conditioner.

Good luck,