Tail edge Quick clamp problems

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Jeff P, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Jeff P

Jeff P New Member

We have a gto 52-z alcolor and the operator has to put about .015 shim under the tail edge quick clamp. Is there an adjustment that we could do to the clamp so he does'nt have to shim it. I thought before I go out and buy a new clamp, maybe someone might of had the same problem. If so please let me now. Also if I have to change it out is it a difficult job. Thank You Jeff

Just wanted to let people know that we took the clamp out and found it had a lot of rust and needed to be cleaned thanks for you're replies. Jeff

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. Mechanic

Mechanic Senior Member

I dont know the condition of your clamp. I quess its not that good. Before buying new clap(s), give the old one(s) a good cleanup. There are some aftermarket clamps for the GTO, some of them are a lot better than the original ones. You could also refurbish the diamond-dust surface of the old clamps, wich is also very effective.
    If you have trouble dismadling the clamps, call a technician. Its not a complicated job, but sometimes rust and dried ink can give you a hard time. So , if you do it yourself, be extra carefull. I cannot recomend you a supplier, cuz you are in the US....

3. danakomori

danakomori Member

Hi Jeff,

I believe Demer's does sell replacement clamps here is a link to there website, look under HBG offset, then under plate clamps

http://www.demersparts.com/

4. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

These clamps are very easy to dismount, disassemble and clean up. Many times its just gunk, plate gum, or rust that is keeping things from working right. If this doesnt work than yes you will have to replace it or have a new spray on finish applied to the biting surface.