streak marks

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by PKT FDO, Nov 19, 2015.

1. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

Dear friends,we have pm 74-4 col machine.we have big issue , steak mark on the print. I think some marks generate from dampening unit & some marks generate from inking unit or pressure section. Streak mark on 208 mm from front side of paper.Total counter 177140648,impression counter 137504874, date 06 12 2006.
    have you any ideas about this, Thank you.

2. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Can you post an image of the issue?

3. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

Hello aqazi81, thank you for your attention,i can send image of printed paper.thank you again-PKT FDO.

Attached Files:

4. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

does this streak occur on all jobs or this particular job? If it happens on all jobs id try to determine cause through process of elimination. After eliminating all the obvious stuff like proper plate to blanket pressure, proper impression cylinder pressure, proper roller settings, both to the plate and to the vibrator rollers, id try lifting the form rollers off the plate one at a time to see if there is roller thats causing the problem. If all is good with rollers and everything else mentioned Id be looking for the possibility of a gear streak.

5. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

Hello turbotom1052,thanks for your reply,this streak show only some works,specially 4 col tone job.this streak show same place on both 4 printing unit.i'll try various pressure,packing & roller settings.But not satisfy result.I think this streak from pressure section.what do you think about this?Thanks again for your help.-PKT FDO

6. AKJ

AKJ Member

This is a common problem with HEI CD & SM74 from the last decade. I have 5 clients with similar problems with no resolution.

7. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Its a PM74 not SM or CD.....

8. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

yes this is a pm-74 but it has auto plate & pressure adjustment by classic center(cpc)