Sticky stock

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Abhi, Feb 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Abhi

Abhi Member

The entire night shift run on gumming sheets (sticker sheets) ended with an output of just 500 sheets.
    The reason was constant trouble with double sheets tripping the press.
    Next is our run. What do I do?
    Any tips to prepare the gumming paper or press for the run.

2. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

First and foremost you do NOT want to cut this type of paper before it gets to press. Order the paper press size!!! You could try taking a clean press rag with a little bit of talc or spray powder and dust all 4 edges of the stock before your roll the feeder pile into the press. You might also want to keep your feeder loads pretty small so as not to squeeze out any adhesive from the weight of the pile.

3. Abhi

Abhi Member

Followed the spray powder advice and we completed the job. But never thought of adhesive leaking out. But now I can think why only small feeds were successful. Whenever we fed the table above half, the second part would need powder again.
    But the nightmare was a sheet which was torn and got struck to the blanket and then smashed in our inking rollers.

Good part, we did a thorough cleaning and readjusted the rollers.

4. turbotom1052

Glad I could help. This is what makes these types of forums work. Pass it on when you can.

5. Abhi

Abhi Member

Exsctly. We just ran another job and this time we knew why were we filling the table half.

6. turbotom1052

Ill bet you had a fun time cleaning the lines around the sheets perimeter on your blankets!!!

7. Abhi

Abhi Member

The fun part is the fact we don't have washup devices. :p

8. turbotom1052

an automatic blanket washing device would have done little to remove the lines of adhesive from the blanket. Where this adhesive is concerned there is no substitute for lots of elbow grease!!!

9. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Glycerin on a rag wiped on sides of the stock is also a good way to deal with glue. I've used this and also the powder many times.