Starting printing busines

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by Rad, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Rad

Rad New Member

I am planning to start business of designing and printing greeting cards.
    Can someone recomend me what type of equipment would be sufficient for decent quality prints ? I am talking about printing 100-200 cards per day (to start with). I apologize for this newbie questions, hope somebody can help me.

thanks

2. antero pedras

antero pedras New Member

hello,

did you ever Outsourced ?
    or your starting from zero ?

important to know.

3. mosaic777

mosaic777 Previous User

Printing business (cards)

I think you could try Epson t50 inkjet with CIS attached. Easily prints very high quality photos (including cards), able to do 300 cards per day easily without refilling ink tanks. Hope this helps :)

4. jameswaugh8

jameswaugh8 Member

Best of luck.

5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, It does not show where exactly in Eastern Europe you are, but OKI C9600, C9800 are really popular and regarded in Russia and Ukraine. There is a descent support and parts / supplies availability as far as had read their printing forums. Keep in mind that you will need to have some means to cut your jobs and if you plan on doing more than flat cards, you might need some folding and other finishing equipment.
    Good luck.

6. niklaus

niklaus Member

7. Demandseo

Demandseo Member

Probably the most important investment you can make for your printing business is the printer. If you are wanting to print vinyl signs, you may want an extra-wide sign and label inkjet printer. If you are printing business cards, it may be better to select a laser printer while an offset press will lower your costs if you are printing a large volume of high-quality documents.