Stahl Tri-fold problem

Discussion in 'Folders' started by m_alatorre, Aug 2, 2012.

1. m_alatorre

m_alatorre Senior Member

Hello,

We have a 4 up Stahl folder and usually do small brochures. We tried yesterday a trifold(i hope that's the name of the fold) on a 3 up (6 letter pages brochure) and it started right from the beginning to mark the last page.(see attachment)

Could not solve it so we just did 1 fold(with no problem) and the second one was hand made. It was just 1000.

Paper was 150 gsm enamel. 2 sided. offset printed.

We were using 1&3 gates (2&4 closed) tried several thicknesses and configurations
    with no success. One thing i did noticed is the you could see a "bump" in the paper after the 1 fold, when bypassing the 2nd (of 4th) gate. This of course hand inching the folder after feeding one sheet. It's mi guess that this bump was caught by one of the rollers and produced the undesired extra fold.

I bearly know the basic configuration of this folder and i've been fine, but this one beated me.

Any idea or advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Moe

P.D. The frist fold was the one on the right gate 1 and the next fold on gate 3

Attached Files:

2. mondopronter

mondopronter Member

Your rollers are too off re set your rollers to zero the make sure you have them 1,1,1 and 3,3, in the roller sets.
    :>

3. m_alatorre

m_alatorre Senior Member

I forgot to come back to thank you for the reply. We don't usually do this fold so i'll try next time.

Moe

4. FSA

FSA Senior Member

Your rollers are not set proper, get them reset and all should be good unless you have a worn group of rollers and then you will need to replace damaged rollers.

FSA

5. Paul Pickering

Paul Pickering New Member

We can help with the recovering here in the UK.