Stacker still on vacation.

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by peels, Dec 27, 2017.

1. peels

peels tree killer :)

:)

everything started fine today, ran a few, then got stacker jam area 2-3 wouldnt clear. so I rebooted thinking that would clear it, like a foul sensor or something... but its far more sinister now.

Now, stacker PXC board never initializes.... -its got power and networked.

board dead?

2. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Check the communication lines from the output module to the stacker

3. peels

thanks, Milo. got a little time today, so lookin into it.

hope its warmer where you are... lol

4. peels

WEIRD!

it was booting all night, on that module progress screen... all modules on, with only PXC to come up. didnt touch it yet today.

randomly, went to grab some coffee. came back, it was booted! albeit with a configuration error.... two full power-cycles cured that, and its alive, but now, back to the original ghost stacker jam..

5. peels

final solution to this, think the stacker might have got unplugged during the weekend, by someone creepin' around back there causing a configuration error and subsequent communication faults. no problems since.

the sensor, however I think was just part of it. .. i'm embarrassed to say... i didn't know existed. it would be top of stacker, past the top tray. like for bypass, should you have a second finisher(which I do not). no clue. it was FILTHY LOL never been touched, only had that side cover off once like 5 years ago.