Spray powder problem

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by printerscd, Oct 22, 2015.

1. printerscd

printerscd Senior Member

Hello

I run on Heidelberg SM 102-8, made 2012

We use HUBER IMPRESSION ink an Bottcher Silux 20 powder and for Matt and Gloss paper we aplication 20-30% in setup so its ok an no problem

But if we print Volumen paper or ofset we have problem with drying i must setup on Volumen paper 70-80% peper is from 130-150 gsm and always i see no good drying

Any idea for beter drying? Difrent ink example Resista ? or 30 micron powder ?

Thanks

2. jeffjs1

jeffjs1 Member

Sounds like you need to turn up the temp on your IR dryers, ink dries optimally at between 98-105 degrees farenheit. Meaning that you have to heat the sheets beyond that temp so that your press load retains a temp of about 98 degrees. Especially with offset paper, the amount of ink needed to reach correct color density is much greater.

3. printerscd

printerscd Senior Member

We have no mashine with IR dryer, maybe this is problem......?

4. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

What type is your powder spray unit? Grafix or WEKO?

5. printerscd

printerscd Senior Member

Powder Star AP-500 Duo

6. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Did you check whether Heater in ON on the device? It's very important to keep powder container temperature permanent.
    You can try another manufacturer, HUBER also have similar product.

Good luck

7. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

I would suggest you use an ink that is NOT a stay open or duct fresh ink for printing on uncoated papers. If your ink is not forming a skin in the can after being left uncovered overnight you should look for an ink that does. This will require cleaning of the ink fountains daily but will improve your drying issues.

8. PKT FDO

PKT FDO Member

please check & clean inside of powder distributor.some times vanes dust deposit in the distributor.also check vibrator.