Speedmaster 74-2PH main motor

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Sabanoh, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Sabanoh

Sabanoh New Member

Hello,
    I have a speedmaster 74 2ph, 1999. main motor got damaged so i ordered a new one, however, instead of ordering the 22kw (m2.101.3003), i mistakingly ordered the 15kw(m2.101.2003); so i am getting an error code of s-BLT CON 17FC. is there anything i can do to be able to use this motor on my machine, even though i know i will not be able to run the machine at its optimum capacity?
    thank you and best regards.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    I will strong recommend you do Not to use that motor with less Capacity, is 22Kw vs 15kw =lack 7KW!
    Otherwise you will a Lot of inconvenience, the error example is MSK is send signal failure.
    By other side you will have Reheating in many components, c.breaker, fuses, and the itself motor.
    Please Negotiate with the factory or company in getting to get the correct size motor.

3. diegoeze

diegoeze Member

Could you finally solve? It may be probable that the error is in MSK too. You have to know something of electronic ... Let me know
    Cheers

4. OffsetPro

OffsetPro New Member

Strongly do not recommend using this drive motor, drive motors for the SM74 are pulse driven and encoded, strong possibility of vibration in main frames after motor runs hot.

5. Sabanoh

Sabanoh New Member

Thank you for the advice.
    does anyone have a motor m2.101.3003 for sale.
    if anyone needs a new 15kw motor, m2.101.2003, please let me know.
    thank you and best regards.

6. diegoeze

diegoeze Member

All motors have a code resistor , in particular main motor have two resistor code, in the variantcode you have all data stored... Therefore you can't put any motor in any place , for example , you new motor have the same plug conector like the old, to prevent damage in electronics those equipment have a code resistor
    :)
    Good luck mate !

Sabanoh likes this.