SORSZ or SM 102 Z?

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Ronn, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Ronn

Ronn Member

Good day! Can somebody tell me which unit is better a SORSZ conventional dampening or a SORSZ ALCOLOR dampening system? or a SM 102 Z ? I am now in the middle of decision making which of these three machines will I purchase. Also, please do tell me the advantages and disadvantages of these three specially when it come to the print quality and fast changing of colors. Thank you.

2. NotAGooner

NotAGooner Senior Member

Definitely the Alcolor from my view.

and if you can afford it, go for the SM 102, the S lines are old technology now.

3. Meny

Meny Senior Member

I totally agree that for quality of print , The Alcolor system is way better then the conventional.
    You can get an SORSZ with Alcolor too (not very common yet available) , but as said before , the S line is an old stile of press , with a low delivery , weak feeder , not that smart cylinder design , and in most cases no CPC (very few have CPC).
    I do not know what jobs you need to print , but the SM presses are better in almost all fields.
    The S line presses are shorter/smaler , if space is important.

As for the dampenning system , in some countries (Pakistan , Bangaladesh) printers do not want Alcohol presses as they do not wish to pay for the Alcohol (IPA) that is part of the proccess , and will take a lower quality press to avoid it.

You can also get a SM 102-ZP with conventional damps for very low budget (no Alcolor)

What do you plan to print with the press ?

4. Ronn

Ronn Member

Thanks.

5. Ronn

Ronn Member

I am going to print on a Foldcoat Cal # 15, 12, 10 & 8. and Bristol 150. Right now our we are chopping the 80,000 sheets 25" X 40" foldcoat into four so we can print it in our KORD 64 and we really need a bigger machine to do the jobs. Thank you very much for the suggestion this a very big help. I'll try to look for a SM 102 ZP conventional dampening. Can you give me the price range of this machine? and the year built if possible?

6. Meny

Meny Senior Member

SM 102-ZP conventioal

Hi Ronn

I know a printer who wants to sell his SM 102-ZP / 1979 conventional press

I think he is asking for 27000 Euro loaded to container
    The press as i know it is in reasonablly good working condition for it's age , but i would change the form rollers (or recover them) and give it a little cleaning.
    I could ask him to do that within his price.

It is not a high tec press and not new , but it will do the work well for years on.

If you will send me an e-mail i will send you in return his contact details

Best regards
    Meny
    menybor@yahoo.com

7. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

any larger format press you buy with conventional dampening will require a higher level of press operator to get good results. I say get the speedmaster but with alcolor dampening.

8. pressmachines

pressmachines Member

Hi Ronn,

I am a Heidelberg Printing machine dealer here in the Philippines, I have available SORSZ conventional with square buttons, SM 102 Z conventional, SM 102 ZP conventional, SM 102ZP with alcolor dampening with or without CPC. Please give me a call at 09178381043, 09228637329 or at 9751931 . Hear from you soonest

Michael

9. Ronn

Ronn Member

Hi Michael

Please answer your suncell.

10. Ronn

Ronn Member

Dear Sir Michael,

Thank you for the time you spent talking in the phone I'll visit your office one day I'll keep in touch.