Sormz dampening roll setting

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Sunilvaryani, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Sunilvaryani

Sunilvaryani Member

dear sir
    I have a 2 colour sormz while printing there
    Is yellow colour tint on the job
    Is it because the dampening roll is not set
    Properly if it’s that then what’s the solution
    To the problem
    Thanks
    Sunil

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Conventional? Alcolor? Do you know how to set rollers? If not, unlikely this forum can help much.

3. Sunilvaryani

Sunilvaryani Member

Sir it’s alcolor no I don’t know how to set the rollers I will have to take help from a local engineer for that
    Thanks

4. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

Do you have anyone in your employ that has any pressman skills? Any roller setting instructions you may receive, will probably not be of much help without some decent pressman skills. Your issue could be as simple as an adjustment to a single roller in your water system, or other roller, to something of a chemical nature, that will require at the least, some measuring devices, and print troubleshooting skills. I don't say this to be insulting, but ive seen many instances were well intentioned people jump into this business without some very basic understandings of the process, then come here, or to forums like this to learn how to print. Most here can be very helpful in perhaps both instances but without knowing what we are dealing with on the other end, may have us offering suggestion beyond the understanding of poster. Then there also becomes the issue of a language barrier. My first and only fluent language is English. Without a fluency in English misunderstandings are likely to occur.

junker1984 likes this.